Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Review
homealone2top-1024x576.jpg

If the original Home Alone left you wanting more of the same, you should find Home Alone 2: Lost in New York exactly what the doctor ordered: a rehash of the original film with bigger, dirtier ambushes on display.

[review]

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I noted the 2009 Blu-ray release is going for quite a bit on eBay.

I was curious if anyone knew why this was the case.

Thanks.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I noted the 2009 Blu-ray release is going for quite a bit on eBay.

I was curious if anyone knew why this was the case.

Thanks.
Because a certain cameo appearance has been cut from the film, and likely may not ever be seen again in steaming versions or any new disc release.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Because a certain cameo appearance has been cut from the film, and likely may not ever be seen again in steaming versions or any new disc release.

I’ll have to check my digital copy.

Is this a confirmed cut? I noted an article that it was just one scene cut in a tv airing in Canada.

Thanks.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't really know the specific details, just read the headline somewhere. The rush on eBay may be speculating that it could become a permanent change, not that it's already a done deal.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Don't really know the specific details, just read the headline somewhere. The rush on eBay may be speculating that it could become a permanent change, not that it's already a done deal.

Columbus stated he doesn’t want the scene removed.

Also the reissued Blu ray disc is the same as the 2009 one.

Hmm.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'd bet that this is all panic & speculation buying and there won't be any cuts made. Next Christmas, the same disc will be on sale for $10 at Best Buy and Target like every other year.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The scene was cut before he ran for office, so the film would fit a certain timeslot on broadcast TV>

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Now Disney owns the film and you know how susceptible they are to public peer pressure campaigns of this nature.

The Freeform Channel targets a liberal audience and even they didn't cut the Trump cameo.

It used to be The Family Channel and owned by Pat Robertson, a channel that withheld four episodes of Punky Brewster, and censored the D-word from Roots but not the N-word in the same shot of Louis Gossett, Jr., so it's get-off-my-backism for being contractually obliged to show The 700 Club in perpetuity until the old man kicks the bucket. That goes back to the deal with Rupert Murdoch and News Corporation that made it Fox Family – a harbinger of things to come — and during that era, they cut the Ronald Reagan impression out of Mrs. Doubtfire. In all fairness, this was a broadcast right around the time the man had just died of Alzheimer's.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Disney wants to cut the Trump cameo, they would have to re-release the film to do so. Last year, when The Digital Bits was reporting that Disney was pulling back on live-action catalog 4K, the first Home Alone was reported to be one of their final releases. They could have easily put out Home Alone 2 at the same time, which would have made sense, and chose not to do so. Fox has issued it as a 2-pack any number of times on DVD and Blu-ray, and there is now a version of it selling as a 2-pack on Amazon that has Disney's customary Multi-Screen Edition nonsense banner on it. And yet they decided to release only the first film on 4K. That says to me that, whether or not Trump would be included, they don't think that Home Alone 2 would sell as many copies as the first film. I'm not sure why they think that. But if they were going to release it again, it would have made sense to release it in tandem with the first film, whether as a 2-pack or as an individual release on the same day. I don't think they care enough about reissuing it at all to strip Trump from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks