Holy Widescreen Batman, it's a family film!! aka FOX ROX

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Swindoll, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Pow, Zap, Boom!! Those wonderful folks at Fox did it again. Just was looking over the Batman : the movie SE I picked up today. [​IMG] I've watched both featurettes (one with Burt Ward and Adam West and the other with George Barris and the Batmobile). The Ward/West "ette" had several laugh out loud moments (or perhaps I'm just prone to laugh out loud [​IMG] ). The best part though kiddies is that the film is in anamorphic 1.85:1 [​IMG]. No Wonkavation here!!
    The only problem I experienced was that after watching the featurettes I sure wanted to see DVD box sets of the original series [​IMG].
    Same bat time, same bat channel.
    ------------------
    Dear MGM : Quality over quantity & Consistency!
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

3. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

I too am waiting for the release of this. Though it is silly, campy, and out of date...the film is great fun.
    Hey, on the commentary, is it still apparent that Adam West still believes that he IS "Batman"?
    I too would purchase season box sets of the television series. (At the same time, I would purchase Wonder Woman box sets as well...)
    Oh the untapped markets...

4. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

David,
    I about ran into a wall when I saw it in my local mart, he said cryptically [​IMG].
    ------------------
    Dear WB : Release Wonka in Widescreen!
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    This was among a dozen or so titles in an exclusive Fox DVD display at Sam's club. All titles were under $14.00. I passed on it - not a big fan. But the DTS edition of PREDATOR was a no-brainer, indeed.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I've been looking forward to this DVD since I read the first online review of it. I'm very excited to make this a part of my collection.
    Additionally, I seem to have bits of cash freeing up from Warner Brothers DVDs that I won't be buying. I have no doubt Fox will benefit from that.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Jeff - I couldn't find that wall at my local mart. Oh, well...perhaps on street date it will be a loss-leader at Best Buy. [​IMG]
    I went to K-Mart and picked up My Cousin Vinny & Office Space for $12.99, and will go back for Predator (DTS).
    THANKS, FOX! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
    [​IMG]
    (Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)