What's new

Holy Toledo! Where did the Receivers/Preamps Section Go to??? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

I just clicked on my emails which showed new posts and it seems that this forum sub category is now disappeared? Where did it go to? Is it gone for good???

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
What happened to all of the posts in the connections tweaking and accessories forum? I can't find them anywhere.

Where should somebody now ask a question about HT accessories that doesn't fit in to an AV source, display device or a speaker.

I know I am probably not alone in saying it is getting to be far more of a chore posting and reading this forum than it should be. It is pretty obvious to me that there are far fewer posts about hardware than there used to be.

Kevin C.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
AFAIK, nothing else was supposed to change. There was a server crash a little while ago. Give Parker a chance to investigate.

M.

J

John Morris

Kevin: The Receivers/Preamps section is gone too. Maybe they have realized that they are seeing much reduced posting, especially in the lesser visited sub-forums. Heck, other than the Receivers/Prepro forum, I've probably only answered questions in other hardware sub-forums a dozen times or less. It is just too much hassle going to those other forums to answer questions on issues that don't concern me personally very much. In the olden days, I'd end up participating in those other areas just because I came upon them while looking for something that really interested me... Oh well, maybe they are changing back to the good old days.:D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
It appeared to me, when the site went down for a bit, there was a db error. Often when thsi happens, the offending DB needs to be manually rebuilt.

I assume Parker just removed those two forums for the time being, to get the site happening again- and is probably working on fixing them as we type.

-V

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
For some reason the server crashed today. I am still looking into this but it looks like we may have lost the receivers and separates and the connections areas. I am

still looking into this.

Parker

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Damn! And right after I had posted a retort about cables that was so repleat with eloquence and un-failing locic that even the staunchest skeptic would have need to question their very right to exist in a world with such a mental giant and bow at my feet to beg forgivness for their past greivances.
Oh well, :D
Mie

J

John Morris

Damn! And right after I had posted a retort about cables that was so repleat with eloquence and un-failing locic that even the staunchest skeptic would have need to question their very right to exist in a world with such a mental giant and bow at my feet to beg forgivness for their past greivances.
Dangit Mike! Your post is what crashed the server... the multiprocessor unit couldn't understand what the heck you said any better than we usually can!;)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
my theory:
outlaw had the forums removed since we all know that home theater forum is just a big commercial for outlaw!!! :D
kevin t

Robert Woods

Stunt Coordinator
HTF folks:

Is there any danger that the actual content has been lost?

There was a lot of tech stuff up there that I had hoped to re-print and digest at 'leisure' - it would be a relief to know that the actual 'stuff' is safe someplacve and can be restored.

??

John Cain

Second Unit
Outlaw just released the 950!!

Just kidding, everyone calm down..

(That would be a kick in the pants if they did while the section was GONE!!)..

-- John

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I know what Mike Knapp wanted to say on the cable thread...:)
>> That I can't hear the difference between cables or anything else.
>> That audiophiles should be banned permanently from the HTF.
>> That I am a secret cable salesperson sent to uphold the vast high end conspiracy.
Just a little humor to start the evening, given the heated nature of the cable wars in the Tweak forum....
;)
Lee

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Man this is killing me. I typically go to 4 subsections on a daily basis. Separates, Tweeks and Connections, After Hours Lounge and Music. The crash wiped out half my options!!! Now I have to go into the speakers section and the Audio/Video sources, but it's just not the same.

Now I know what a drug addict goes through when he can't get his fix!!!

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Well, that's good...in a way. I was away today.

I'm going to get my fix at _____ forum in the meantime.:b

Bob

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Larry:

Sorry but it is true. All those posts are gone. I thought we had a backup going but found out we did not. We now do but there is nothing I can do about getting the posts back.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks