Holy Moly!!! I actually fixed something

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_M, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Patrick_M

Patrick_M Stunt Coordinator

I got a daewoo 5700 really cheap off of ebay a while back. When I turned it on, I could not get the disc tray to open, so I thought I was screwed. Since I got for a little over 20 bucks, I figured it was worth the risk to open it and take a look. Once i took off the cover, I happened to notice that there was a power cord (like one inside of a computer) hanging loose, and there was no power hook up to the actual dvd drive...so taking a risk, I plugged the plug into the dvd drive, and the player now works!!!!!!!! While I am okay at computer assembly, swapping out hardware etc., I have not had great luck at opening electrical equipment. Now I am totally excited because I am region free and I fixed something! Yippee [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MarkPayton

MarkPayton Stunt Coordinator

Patrick: Congratulations! Now perhaps you can come over and fix my DVD player! [​IMG] What do you mean by "region free"? Does the Daewoo play discs encoded for all regions? If so, how is the picture? What do you think of the image quality?

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Glad you fixed it, Patrick. Since you're good at poking around a computer's innards, you can look at it this way: DVD players are, essentially, dedicated movie-playing computers. No? Enjoy your player. [​IMG]

4. Patrick_M

Patrick_M Stunt Coordinator

The daewoo can be set to be region free from the remote contol, JerryW did a big thread on its features and stuff, I cant find the link at the moment, but if you do a search for daewoo 5700 it will come up. Picture quality looks good to me, but I have not played that many dvds yet. I cant comment on how it handles PAL discs since I dont have any yet.