Holy Heck Gotham is getting hard... give a guy some pointers??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobV, Dec 13, 2001.

1. BobV

BobV Second Unit

Ok... so I've been playing Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox for awhile... I've been learning how to tweak my driving for maximum kudos, speed, etc.

I kinda like to unlock and win games rather than using cheats codes. Well, I've got to the point where I've beaten the Skyline and I also have the Speedster (all gold level2 Arcade Race)... but how in the HECK do they expect me to get 2400 kudos on Level3 in San Francisco?! I have raced the perfect race there... not a cone hit, not a wall hit... 90+ points through the speed cones, perfect cornering maximizing on the kudos and the best I could was 1722 kudos... only a Bronze (1600). I'm not bragging but I don't think it's humanly possible to drive a more perfect race then I did.

I've found that on corners if give a quick "brake" and "e-brake" slightly before your corner you can keep your speed up through the corner while 4 wheel drifting through the apex of the corner and gain lots of kudos. If you keep the wheel straight or slightly turned IN to the corner you can continue racking up kudos for part of your next straightaway. If done perfectly it is not unreasonable to expect a good 70+ on a single corner. But are there any other tips? My goodness, my run was one of beauty and I was exhausted after the run, I don't know if I can take it another step up!

Anyone have some thoughts?

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I suppose you can relax with a pound of Mary Jane...that way, you won't give a damn about not getting the Gold. [​IMG]
    Ah well, I'm still waiting for the racing wheels to hit the stores myself...

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Well, since Nick lives in BC, I'm sure he can hook you up with some quality stuff, right Nick? [​IMG]

5. John Kilroy

John Kilroy Stunt Coordinator

Are you in the Kudos Challenge? If so, have you used the joker for the level yet?

John

6. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

On that note, John, does anyone know how to get more Jokers? Are they earned? Unlocked? Found? Or do you just get the one?

7. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Bob I used the joker to get a gold in that race. Have you completed all of the quick races yet? you get a couple really nice cars after getting all golds in very hard.

Dean