What's new

Holy HD: Check out HD Net on DTV channel 199! (1 Viewer)

William Ward

Supporting Actor
A very spectacular picture. My hat goes off to Mark and all those whose hard work went into this. Now, if they could just get that little thing worked out with the NBA for Maverick games...
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
Jeff, it looks great !!! I actually watched the Brewers / Rangers game yesterday. It was beautiful. The game itself wasn't bad either. Some of the commercials were not in HD though. Also, Mark Cuban should convince them to drop the logo in the lower right corner, that would be nice but I must say, HDNET's logo is about the least annoy of them all. I wish they would at least move it around every 5 minutes or so.
Mark Cuban's little skit showed me that my set could use some adjustment. When he does the "....in HDTV the picture goes waaaay over here..." on the right side, half of his body was off my screen. Nothing major. I thought the whole skit was kinda funny.
------------------
"Nobody move a muscle."
GROOOWLLLLL !
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Hat's off to Mr.Cuban. It looks like you finally pulled it off! Job well done. I just really wish somebody would put just as much effort in more HD movie channels. For those that don't care for sports TV.
------------------
My Home Theater
sign.jpg

My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie

Bruce N

Second Unit
I can't wait for Hockey!!
------------------
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Man I wish Cuban would move this channel over to Dish too. Chris
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net

Paul W

Second Unit
Yes, I read somewhere that this is DTV only. Man that sucks. I hope that they can come to an agreement.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Yea here is the email that I got from Mark Cuban yesterday.
we are exclusive to DirecTV... But you can watch some Mavs game in HD on
Ch21 digital
Thanks !
MFFL - Mavs Fan For Life
m
For those who do not live in the DFW area channel 21 is the local UPN affiliate that airs the Dallas Maverick games.
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net

Yes, I read somewhere that this is DTV only. Man that sucks. I hope that they can come to an agreement.
That's probably not going to happen. Mark Cuban has stated a few times on AVSForum that the problem is Dish doesn't have the rights to most of the sports programming that HDNet will be showing, like NHL, MLB, etc. So this is likely to remain DirecTV only for the foreseeable future.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm not an NHL fan at all, but I do love baseball. I'm going to hold out until next April and see how HDnet pans out. I currently have Dish Network (for HBO, Showtime and CBS), and I am willing to add another dish to get HDnet from DirecTV. But who knows what will happen by next April? Dish may buy DirecTV by then.

Derek1

Agent
I spoke to Mark the other day and he stated that the Mav games will be airing on channel 19.1 here locally in the Dallas market.
I had quite a good conversation with both Mark and Roxanne Austin (President and C.O.O of DirecTv) last Saturday about all things HD. Just for the record they both liked the image delivered from the new Sony VPL-VW11HT projector on a Stewart Greyhawk 100" screen.
I must say the people seemed to be most impressed with the Hawaiian Tropic part of the demo.
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks