What's new

Holy Cow! Take A Look At These Speaker Systems!!!! (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As a side note, does anyone else suspect that these guys may be violating some copyrights? Such as some of the LOTR sutff.

Unless of course the swords are delivered to your home on a white horse. ;)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
That thing shaking in the bottom (the brick) adds to the stabilization as well!! Don't forget that.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Funny the guys who tried to sell me junk audio equipment were in a Blue Corsica. I had some fun with them when they showed me their "Top of the line" 1000 watt car amp. I promptly asked him how they rated the amps. As soon as I said 4 ohms 8 ohms, peak power or RMS and how much total hermonic distortion it was at (probably 300%). The guy all of the sudden had a blank look on his face and offered it to me for 75 bucks and walked away.
Quote:

You know what was really funny is now that that the term "white van speakers" have become so common they are changing their tactics. Some guy by my local best buy was selling speakers, or trying to before he got kicked of the property, out of a GREEN SUBBURBAN!!!!!!

I was going to talk cheese with him after I got out of BB but they had already given him the boot.

Look out everyone they are
changing their tactics.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys I'm still here! I am just getting a kick on all of your responses that you guys post. Overall, I am not a critical speaker listener. So regardless if I spent $50 pr. on speakers as long as its decent I am not complaining. I am not competing vs. anyone else's system. I need something that looks decent and gets the job done.

Cree

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
So if he would have been happy with $50 speakers why did he bother to research and purchase JBL Studio series?

And who can't use a 800 watt amp with a headphone jack? I should have waited for my Rotel until they added that feature!

terence

Supporting Actor
Now this makes me say Holy Cow!! and some other choice words.

Now here is a big (60") subwoofer! "Got Bass!" :D

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Jason Caudill,
I simply gave my twin brother the S38's about 3 years ago. I have had JBL HLS810's, HK receivers amps PA5800's...to be exact. Right now, I don't have thousands to spend on a system. I would be content if I had an opportunity to buy the Theater Research for dirt dirt cheap. Again I am not here to impress. I have been without a system for a long time. I am trying to rebuild the most cost effective music/HT system.

Right now I am looking at getting a Panasonic SAHE75S receiver for $150 shipped. That is going to be my receiver that I may go with. Or if someone else has a recommendation for a better/cheaper receiver under $150 shippped I am gladly to listen...

Cree

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

Well since most speaker designs use a very heavy MDF box, primarily to reduce resonace of the cabinet itself, I'd have to say that weight does indeed matter.

Somehow I get the feeling that the original poster has an agenda that he's not going to share with us. Perhaps a vested interest in seeing these speakers mentioned here.

Mark gas

Second Unit
That 60 inch sub was conected to 2 100000 watt MRI amps the same ones they use at your hospital. That person standing beside the sub could be audiofile enemy #1 because he belives all amps sound the same.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
anyone feel that we should warn people who are bidding on these on ebay? or at least email them a link to this thread? Its still early in that auction and they are allmost past the price of what that web site sells them for.

Oh, btw, Chris, do you work on commission or are you on a salary?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Mark,

"That person standing beside the sub could be audiofile enemy #1 because he belives all amps sound the same."

Has anyone proven him wrong yet?

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
chris_huniganl,

I think the speakers look pretty cool! Buy them (after checking the return policy) and tell us what you think!

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
"Mark,

"That person standing beside the sub could be audiofile enemy #1 because he belives all amps sound the same."

Has anyone proven him wrong yet?"

I don't know if this was aimed at me, but yes, all amps, subs, speakers, etc...sound very different. At this point in my life, I am not a critical listener as you or any other person the values (the best clean sound money can buy). I simply made this post to be informative.

Cree

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

I can almost understand your post and your desire to be "informative", I think you're also missing the point on all the response to your original post...

Really, the only information you provided is that these white van speakers are available on the net. Understand that we here at this forum do not "look down" on equipment choices. As most people here agree, it doesn't matter what speakers anyone chooses, just as they're happy with them. The issue is that you are trying to either market or share the availability of these speakers to the membership, what everyone else is doing is sharing their knowledge on the absurdity of the marketing, claims and numbers that the manufacturer and marketers of the speakers you've "shared" to the membership.

You claim that you're short on funds and would like to get a system together, most bang for the buck...ok so everyone's weighed in on the short comings of the speakers you so want to buy...there are other options out there for the same money, proven, something you can listen to, go sample, and buy at either a web site or B&M plus a return policy. Did you know that these speakers "due to their low price" do not come with a return policy?

You're out to inform, so are the rest of the membership. As someone else have already mentioned, go get them, let us know what you think. It doesn't take a critical listener to realize that a product is built with spit and glue. If you don't care to listen to any of our posts, that's you're prerogative. It doesn't take thousands of dollars to start a system. A critical consumer would see through their claims, not just a critical listener.

For your question on receivers, I'd check out the HK's and the low-end denons. But since you're getting these 800 watt speakers you might have to really check out some monster amps so you can get the very best performance from your new speakers. (Sorry all can't resist)

Good luck.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Since you are still around Chris, I’m making the assumption that you are either asking for our opinion on these speaks or information or some information about other choices or you are really trying to inform us about something you think is a good deal.

The collective opinion is pretty much summed up in these pages and there is not much to add, other than to observe that when manufactures make claims using information that is either not germane to the product (such as implied power for passive speakers) or misleading or is a very bad practice even if possible (running five passive speakers from a subwoofer’s amplifier), you should not be surprised that the forum membership is skeptical at best, disbelieving for certain and suspicious that the manufacturer or distributor is engaged in dubious or illegal marketing.

To add a bit to Andrew’s post, there are plenty of people who ask and receive advice on systems who have a limited budget. If you actually want help or recommendations, just make a post in the appropiate area and I’m sure that you will receive plenty of help. But it is not likely that you will receive very much confirmation on your choice of speakers should one of those you mention be your choice.

Even so, speaker choices, more than any other are very personal and what I might consider a fine speaker, many others might not like. So you may well buy these and be very happy. But so far, nothing as been provided about how these speakers really sound or perform. So you can understand, that even though you might like these speakers, so far the rest of us have seen no evidence—except that they have very suspicious marketing claims and not much else.

You are correct of course Eric. I wrote in haste and used an incorrect term. I’m guessing that ‘trade dress’ is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks