What's new

Holy cow! IN COLD BLOOD and THE BEDFORD INCIDENT coming to DVD...? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
No offense, Patrick. I should keep in mind that many site owners post to this forum, and I shouldn't be so pessimistic that information shared is unsubstantiated (although on a few sites it is). This is the first I've seen of DavisDVD, so I will now explore your site.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Looks like Columbia is releasing the true crime classic starring Robert Blake on September 23rd. It's about darn time!

Also coming that same day: the Allison Anders indie fav Gas Food Lodging, the John Sayles war drama Men With Guns (yes!!!), and the cold war thriller The Bedford Incident starring Sidney Poitier and Richard Widmark.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Edit: got this info from DVDFile. These releases were reported by DavisDVD in an earlier thread so I'd say it's official. :)

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Great news about "In Cold Blood". Any word yet on possible extras? Even if it's bare-bones, it'll still be a must-have. Looks like September 23 is shaping up to be Max Out Your Credit Card Day (In Cold Blood, Shogun, Scrooge, Babe SE, Knife in the Water, etc.)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
If the news about "The Bedford Incident" is rock solid, then it is about time. Many years ago Columbia announced a WS Laserdisc release of this film. It then never happened. I won't really believe it until I have it in my hot hands.

I'm surprised that Columbia had the "guts" to release "In Cold Blood".

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
If the news about "The Bedford Incident" is rock solid, then it is about time.
True enough. Let's hope Poitier and especially Widmark (according to a recent screening on TCM he had a lot to do with getting this movie made) have some input on this release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Actually, although many of us speculated that Robert Blake's recent arrest might cause Columbia to withhold IN COLD BLOOD from release, the fact is this is probably the best (read: most commercially viable) time to do so - with Blake's name back in the limelight, this release can now ride the coat tails of the murder trial.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I got the region 2 edition of In Cold Blood. Superb transfer: clean; sharp; good grey scale; no artifacts. The audio (Dolby 3.0 surround) is a bit weird, though - kinda stands out a bit, but is still of high quality, but the original mono mix should have been included also.

Great film. Very melancholic and unsettling. Brilliantly shot by the late, great Conrad Hall.

Gordy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm waiting for the R1 version as it is coming in a pre-order from DVD Empire on 9/23 along with the "Bedford Incident".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
any extras for bedford, such as extra/deleted scenes?

i think there was an alternate ending for this movie.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just saw The Bedford Incident - and I have some questions. I am hoping that someone here has the answers.

Who, what, where and why was there a 1993 Renewed edition?

And how can I get my fingers on the original?

Glenn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Drat! I was hoping that it was about the alternate ending. I still can't imagine why they did that, but I don't like what they did, so I'm returning the disk to Columbia and aking for my money back.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks