holographic

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tony.B, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Tony.B

Tony.B Auditioning

I'm after a holographice picture that the cinemas use for film promotion... you know... the ones that move as you walk past them... ?

Can any1 help?

Tony B

2. Kelly Grannell

Kelly Grannell Second Unit

Just to be more technical. Those are not "holographic". Holography requires laser in the image making process.

These things you mention only uses lenticular filter being applied AFTER the print process is done.

3. Tony.B

Tony.B Auditioning

OK, bit too technical for me though... LOL

Do you know where I could get one?

Thanks,

Tony B

4. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    Tony - pop into Best Buy and see if they still have any copies of their exclusive 2-disc BATMAN BEGINS sets with a lenticular cover!

5. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

FYI, the lenticular images are fairly simple - conceptually.

Take two or three (more than that doesn't work well, especially depending on the size of the image,) images that you want to "move." Slice them into tiny vertical strips, and adhear them to a ridged form. For two images, all of image one on the left-facing ridges, and all of image two on the right-facing ridges. Apply a minor lensing sort of treatment - really more like blinders to limit the field of view for each image - and enjoy.

There was a Russian 3D film format based on this sort of idea. The screen was a ridged screen, and the two projectors illuminated the screen from sort of the sides of the theater. Each projector only lit one 'face' of each ridge, and if you sat in the right spot, each eye only saw one ridge. 3D without the glasses!

In theory, you can also make a single lenticular print the same way, so that in the right spot, you get a true stereo-photo 3D effect.

Leo Kerr