Holmes and Watson (2018)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Holmes and Watson

Genre: Mystery, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Etan Cohen

Cast: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Rob Brydon, Lauren Lapkus, Rebecca Hall, Kelly Macdonald, Hugh Laurie, Ralph Fiennes, Lilly Aspell, Noah Jupe

Release: 2018-12-21

Plot: Adventures of master detective Sherlock Holmes and Watson, his crime-solving partner.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jeffrey Hatcher (who wrote the Ian McKellen movie Mr. Holmes from a few years ago) recently wrote a new play called Holmes and Watson, which I saw, which was exellent.

I'm disappointed that this is not a film of that play, which is the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of the thread.

Oh well.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You are not alone. This seems like it will be silly fun, and my goodness, the world needs more of THAT right now.

I just have faith in Reilly and Ferrell. Both "Talladega Nights" and "Step Brothers" were pretty terrific!

Director Etan Cohen was in the chair for "Get Hard", which was also fairly entertaining, and he wrote the scripts for a few other funny films, so I'm betting this one will be amusing...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There hasn't been a whole lot of marketing for this yet that I've seen, which is unusual for something coming out in December.

I wonder if they might move it to avoid the cluster of other films opening on December 21.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your post in the thread Holmes and Watson (2018) was edited. Reason: We got a complaint that the poster used in this old post was preproduction and a violation of copy write. Absurd, but when they insisted I removed the artwork.
Yesterday at 7:54 PM

I got this alert and noticed the admins removed the wrong picture. I mean they actually removed the right picture and left alone the wrong picture. :D

Of course the art work is not posted by me and it comes automatically from themoviedb.org with this site's script.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/426563-holmes-and-watson/images/posters

The admins removed the official correct poster of the movie from the first post here. They removed this:

q0EO5vsDKJi1ljTjcuHguyi4Fcs.jpg

The incorrect poster is the black and white version that comes from here
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/426563-holmes-and-watson/images/posters

and it is not removed and it is still visible when you are in the Movies forum section.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I got to half way through the trailer before turning it off - what an absolute turkey.

I made it all the way through, but I agree. Hard pass.

I wish it were an adaptation of Jeffrey Hatcher's play of the same title instead.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Watched all the trailer but it doesn’t excite me. I will wait for the reviews on this one.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It doesn't look good but I will definitely watch this once at least.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It is kind of sad, to me anyway, that Mr. Reilly is actually an excellent actor and he is doing pictures like this. Every gag in that trailer was ancient and intentionally, of course, lousy and they did not even require a writer for that. 100% recycled.

I don't dislike either of the actors and I am not a hater but this looks like an utter waste of time.

So, it will probably be a smash hit and get two sequels.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks