Hollywoodland

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ThomasC, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Based on the mysterious death of "Adventures of Superman" actor George Reeves, this movie stars Adrien Brody, Diane Lane, Ben Affleck as George Reeves and Bob Hoskins. I'm one of those people that wants Ben Affleck to get his career back on track, and I hope this movie does it for him. You can watch the trailer at the following link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hollywoodland.html

2. norrisMc

norrisMc Stunt Coordinator

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Where is that buzz coming from Norris? It is not due to be released until early September, just on the cusp of timing for movies to get nominations. Not a challenge, I’m just curious as to who is thinking noms while the movie is still in post-production.

Adrien Brody and Bob Hoskins are threats for award nominations in almost any film and Diane Lane has impressed recently, as an actor, Ben Affleck is a very good writer.

4. norrisMc

norrisMc Stunt Coordinator

Practically all the Oscar's sites. Speculation I know, but people obviously believe it could be a decent "acting film".
    Entertainment tonight also did a piece on the film highlighting the performances of Affleck, Lane...
    It's also in competition at the Venice Film Festival and one of the favourites there.
    All in all, could do well. I agree, Brody, Hoskins and Diane Lane are always good actors (and apparently Affleck is too in this)!