What's new

Hollywood Video (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Makle sure you csll the store first. Mine isn't doing the promo until Sept 10th. I hate it when coprorate stores decide to do everything different!!!! I mean I don't see Target, Bestbuy, Circuit City, etc, etc, etc, etc doing things differently from store to store. What makes it so FRICKIN difficult to do the same thing.

I have finally came to the sudden conclusion regarding these pitiful companies. F'em!! They obviously are not consumer oriented so they can kiss my $$$ goodbye.

What a JOKE!

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
I work at Hollywood Video and we are running the 2 for 20 sale. This is the best sale I have seen in a long time. The sale is running until the end of Oct. when we will start a 3 for 33 sale. If you keep up with the release lists at all this is what you can get (keep in mind that the dates that we release a movie as a PV will vary)

Aug. 26th: Collateral Damage, Resident Evil, and DragonFly

Sep. 2nd: LotR, Deuces Wild, and Supertroopers

Sep. 9th: The New Guy, Showtime.

Sep. 16th: The Sweetest Thing, Van Wilder, Joe Somebody, and Return to Neverland

The list goes on but I'm pretty sure that you can figure out when the movies drop.

PS: At my Hollywood video we have the inserts and I clean the discs and put them into keepcases. I take pride in my PV's.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Speaking of Hollywood Video, what's the going rate for DVD rentals in your area? Everything in the location I go to is 99 cents for five days. When I tell friends and co-workers, they think I'm lying.

Troy_K

Stunt Coordinator
The one on Rand and Arlington HTs road in Arl Hts has .99 rentals, and that includes tax!! What a deal!

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Troy,
Funny to see posts on HTF from my home town of Palatine, Ill. Odder still to know exactly where that Hollywood video is on Rand/Arlington HTs.
Of course whenever I miss Palatine, I just go out and use my Weber ;) Made in Palatine, Ill ... hehe

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I live in the south burbs. The store I go to is in Homewood. I guess it helps that there is a Family Video store directly across the street. Friends of mine that go to Hollywood locations just a few miles away pay better than three bucks for a DVD. Tonight I had three DVD's due back, but I hadn't watched two of them. I'm just keeping them for another five days...only $1.98 total. :D

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Yes. All DVD releases are 99 cents for five days, even new releases. This place does a booming business and I don't think they have enough hired help because many times the new releases aren't even returned to the shelves. They have enormous boxes behind the counter that they stack returned DVD's in. 90% of the time if I don't see a DVD on the shelf, I can go and ask if a copy is in and they pull one out of the return boxes. Probably hurts their turnover rate on rentals, but it helps me get the films I want. :)

TomJD

Agent
Picked up Mullholland Dr and The Royal Tenenbaums last night.Titles don't come with inserts. Some other titles I saw were
Zoolander
Training Day
Sexy Beast
Jimmy Neutron
From Hell
Bandits
Seredipity
The Others
Atlantis
A really good selection.Might stop back to pick up Jimmy Neutron for my daughter and something else.If this is going on till october I definitely will pick up a few more.Watched Mullholland Falls,disc is perfect.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
So why don't all stores put the inserts back like Boone does? Do they toss them when they set up the rental displays? I know some rental versions are packed differently (like if the retail version comes in a cardboard folding case like Moulin Rouge, the rental has an insert that fits in an Amray case).

Bought Shallow Hal, Snow Dogs, and The Majestic; none had an insert in the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks