What's new

Hollywood Video starting 3/$25 today on used rentals. (1 Viewer)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Still going on today. I picked up Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Last Samurai, and Master and Commander today. LOTR: The Return of the King will be available as PV on 6/22. I don't know if it will be at $8.33. At least in Springfield, Missouri all titles are $8.33 or below with no minimum required. With a 1-year warranty, this is a great deal.

Chris

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
A somewhat minor update today, with only a handful of new titles, but a couple of them are quite excellent (Elephant, 21 Grams), along with our third anime movie on the list (Tokyo Godfathers) and another 2004 film (Chasing Liberty).

Also, a couple of rumors: some HV's are supposedly selling Big Fish a week early, and someone (from DVD Talk, I believe), mentioned that a HV employeee talked about the sale going from 3/$25 to 3/$20 soon. As with all rumors, take them with a grain of salt.

And it seems every single title in the used bins can now be considered eligible for the 3/$25 deal; so much for me seperating the master list into two seperate piles. :)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Well, 3/$20 would be great...

Maybe they'll sweeten the deal and call it a Father's Day sale or something.

I've already burned through the titles that I really wanted (KB, M&C, LS, SGG).

At this point, it would take a price drop to get me to buy T3, Identity, or 21 Grams.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

That's interesting, so you can buy one movie for $8.33?

Never tried that at my locations.

I remember reading in another thread that in most states they have to let you do that by law.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Anyone have a list of states where they can't enforce the min units because of the laws? I had thought CA was this way, but at HV today I didn't test it, I just got 4 discs. No real need to test the pricing on 2.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Stopped by HV for my usual early week hat trick: Big Fish, The Cooler, and Stuck on You.

Still wondering about the rumor that the sale may end with Father's Day, we'll see.

Also asked if you can buy less than 3 titles at a time, they said 'no'.

Not sure what the laws are in Illinois, but I don't want to kick dirt after such a great sale.

Apparently, you can buy four or more at the same price ($8.33 per flick).

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Stopped by HV for my usual early week hat trick: Big Fish, The Cooler, and Stuck on You.

Still wondering about the rumor that the sale may end with Father's Day, we'll see.

Also asked if you can buy less than 3 titles at a time, they said 'no'.

Not sure what the laws are in Illinois, but I don't want to kick dirt after such a great sale.

Apparently, you can buy four or more at the same price ($8.33 per flick).

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Correct. Based on multiple feedback, you have to buy at least 3 to get the $8.33 pricing and any more than that is $8.33 each.

I haven't been to my HV lately so I guess it's time to stop by again.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Correct. Based on multiple feedback, you have to buy at least 3 to get the $8.33 pricing and any more than that is $8.33 each.

I haven't been to my HV lately so I guess it's time to stop by again.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The email I got from HV today specifically stated that 3 or more discs are $8.33 each.

It listed Big Fish, Torque, In America, and one or two others as new additions to the pre-viewed rack. (I was just thinking yesterday that it should really be called the "post-viewed" rack!!!)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The email I got from HV today specifically stated that 3 or more discs are $8.33 each.

It listed Big Fish, Torque, In America, and one or two others as new additions to the pre-viewed rack. (I was just thinking yesterday that it should really be called the "post-viewed" rack!!!)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The Hollywood Video on the corner of Campbell and Sunshine in Springfield, MO sure sold single titles with no minimum quantity the last two times I stopped there. I have purchased several and can't find 3 I want now. The offer is in big bold letters, PV DVDs $8.33 on the store window. It can sure change back to 3/$25 anytime. I don't even look anywhere other than Hollywood Video now. This is a lot better than messing with rentals. If it does go to 3/$20, I am in for several other titles next time I stop. I had never bothered to read anything about Big Fish since I always like Tim Burton movies and picked that one up last time and loved it, it is one of his best in my opinion.

Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The Hollywood Video on the corner of Campbell and Sunshine in Springfield, MO sure sold single titles with no minimum quantity the last two times I stopped there. I have purchased several and can't find 3 I want now. The offer is in big bold letters, PV DVDs $8.33 on the store window. It can sure change back to 3/$25 anytime. I don't even look anywhere other than Hollywood Video now. This is a lot better than messing with rentals. If it does go to 3/$20, I am in for several other titles next time I stop. I had never bothered to read anything about Big Fish since I always like Tim Burton movies and picked that one up last time and loved it, it is one of his best in my opinion.

Chris

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Both of the HV's I go to have no intention of ending the sale anytime soon.

BTW, I've been informed that both Bubba Ho-Tep and The Triplets of Belleville will be hitting the used racks tomorrow (I'll add it to the master list during the next update).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks