Hollywood Stock Exchange

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_Kiang, Aug 20, 2002.

1. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Hello everyone.
    I know we all have some fun with the box-office predictions. I was wondering if many people have tried out the Hollywood Stock Exchange. I'd be curious to see how my numbers compare to some of the pros from HTF [​IMG] . Well, if you're interested, the link is www.hsx.com and my username is TonnerCyn.

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i signed up for that site, but never got my confirmation for my login. it wasn't a big deal though. also, that site is so brutally slow, i couldn't take it.
    but it did look like fun...maybe i'll try again.

3. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I played there years ago, was a columnist for a couple of the fansites that swirl around it. HSX has gone through a few owner/management changes I think, and they've also historically been on continuing crusades to update and add new bits to the site software.

Not a bad game for movie fans though, honestly. Kinda fun, gives you a bit of a purpose to all the data tracking and investigation so many core moviefans engage in merely for amusement. At the time (back around '99/'00), though, they used some odd algorithims(sp) to run the ebb and flow of the movies on the "exchange". Release numbers were absolutely tied to real BO performance ... the pre-release numbers became not fun to play with. They may have changed their "market policies" since then however.

I do check my HSX account every now and again, a few times a quarter. Last I looked it was up to H$234mil.