What's new

Hollywood Plus problem (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I recently installed a Hollywood Plus card in my computer, and while NTSC DVDs play back fine, PAL discs will not. All I get with those discs is a green screen and no sound; menus load up fine, but that's it. Usually, they make the program crash completely. The FAQs I've seen on the web are useless in regards to this problem. I am running the H+ through the Zone Selector program to bypass the region coding. Anyone have any ideas?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Your player software will, in the video configure software, have some options on what to do. It's probably set for 'keep in source format' or 'keep output same as source' or some such.

What you'll want to do, assuming you have an NTSC television, is set it to 'force output to NTSC'.

I've got a DXR3, which is a hollywood+ with a Creative Labs sticker (or, the technical term, rebranded OEM) and I've played PAL video clips (although, admittedly, not DVDs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks