Hollywood Ending DVD comes out on 9/17

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_eb, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Is anyone looking forward to owning Woody Allen's 33rd feature release? No features and a 1.0 mono soundtrack with an msrp of $32.99. I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this price for a barebones mono dvd.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Woody Allen completists will pay it, and initial interest won't be that high for everyone else (it's not a bad movie, but far from great). What The Market Will Bear.

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Woody Allen does not participate in or allow added-value materials to be included with his films. He does allow the theatrical trailers though. Allen also prefers mono soundtracks over stereo and surround soundtracks.

As for why the $32.95 SRP? I don't know...Buena Vista Home Entertainment is not distributing this, Dreamworks Home Entertainment is. But wait, DHE did give Curse of The Jade Scorpion a $32.95 SRP as well.

4. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

By the responses to this thread it would appear that this might not be a big seller.

5. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

"Woody Allen completists will pay it"
    And you have one right here.
    I'm picking this up on the 17th, if not earlier (depends when my site gets it in). And I believe the price for Jade Scorpion was around $24 Canadian when I bought it, and I'm sure this will be as well. [​IMG]
    Jason