Holly Mcnarland - Any other fans out there?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tab Nichols, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone else listen to this very talented musician? I've only recently become a major fan of her music, being dragged kicking and screaming to a concert by a friend.

During the show, I fell in love with her energy, and her presence. I got the chance to meet her after the show and spemd some time with her. Shes really down to earth, and loves interacting with her fans.

Since then I picked up almost all of her albums, and have gone to the bar with her and the band. What a great group.

She is my favorite female vocalist, and musician. And shes CANADIAN!!! It makes me wonder if anyone else listens to her at all?

If you have never heard her, you can check out tunes such as:
    Numb - her first big single, appeared on a number of compilations, good rock
    Elmo - Another single, rock sound, probably her most popular song amonst fans
    Beautiful Blue - Newest radio single, about her son, great lyrics

2. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

What a great cd! I have'nt had a chance to see her live yet, but the next time she's performing in Toronto, I'll be there.

If you like her sound, give a spin to Damnhait Doyle lastest cd "Davnet", it's amazing.

She recently did a few intimate performances at Indigo and her voice was even better live, and she's ever so lovely in person.
    She has a new cd along with Kim Stockwood & Tara Mclean under the name "Shaye" and the first single "Happy Baby" is on the airwaves.

3. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

She just filmed her new DVD out that way, so Im sure shes going to be touring soon...

Holly is actually the only artist like this that I listen to. Its very different from my other musical tastes... everything from classical, to ambiant, industrial to metal to thrash.

Ill give that other artist a shot though. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    Count me in! I was introduced to her (and Dahmnait Doyle) by a couple of members on this board when I asked for suggestions on Canadian artists for a radio program I host during the summers. I don't know anyone else in the States who is familiar with her, and I've never heard any of her stuff on the radio, unless I play it myself. [​IMG]

I do need to import her older stuff. I picked up Stuff and Home Is Where My Feet Are from HMV.com on the cheap before they paired with Amazon and went in the toilet. A&B's online store gets my business now, and they have two of her albums for $6CDN or less.