What's new

Holiday Inn (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
Well, I screwed up and forgot to set the Tivo to record Easter Parade on TCM while I was out.

Anyway, I'm watching Holiday Inn on TCM right now. I know it's on DVD and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea about the quality of the transfer and whether it's worth the money or not. I would at least like to own this one if I can't get my hopes up for Easter Parade.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey Steven,

I bought the dual movie dvd of Holiday Inn & Going My Way a few years ago. I think it's pretty good given the age of the film. But I haven't watched it since I bought my front projector so this may reveal issues. But this is the case with ALOT of movies. I say go for it because these are great movies.

Good Luck! :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen definite confirmation on this, but regarding Easter Parade, some people on other threads have said quite confidently that it's coming sometime in 2005.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I recently bought the Going My Way/Holiday Inn DVD on sale for about $10. Some online stores, such as Deep Discount DVD have it for about $14. I think it's video/audio quality is "acceptable," especially at the lower price.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
People. "Age of the film" has nothing to do with how it looks. It's simply a matter of using the best elements or restoring the film to its original glory.

Steven, you're a dead ringer for Gene Kelly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks