What's new

Hole thwack of Xbox movies to look at! (1 Viewer)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
There has been a friggin crap load of new movies released for Xbox games lately. So I thought I would start a thread where we could share links to them.
(EDIT: Here is a great little program that helps you capture streaming videos and save them as a .wmv file. makes watching these streaming ones a lot better with a slower connection. http://non-standard.net/asf/ )
I'll Start by listing the streaming ones:
Amped
Azurik
Fusion Frenzy
Mad Dash
Madden NFL 2002
Night Caster
Shrek
Project Gotham
Blood Wake
Lets get a Game Cube one going to
Dean
[Edited last by Dean Cooper on October 04, 2001 at 12:22 AM]

paul h

Supporting Actor
They look good but not amazing...reckon streams dont do em justice though. Im sure the XBox will provide better graphics than the PS2 but not the 3x performance that MS said they wanted.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Given time, the PS2 can look closer to the XB games. I doubt that we have seen the PS2 at its top power, but it won't get too close to the XB.
Starfighter 2? I think that its just the remake. Haven't heard anything about a sequel.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thwack?
wink.gif

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the links!
For me, it's less about the "power" of a system, and more about if it has games that appeal to me. I've been seeing PS2s regularly at Fry's and I tell myself, find 3 games you want on PS2 and that will justify buying the machine. So far I've walked out of Fry's empty handed.
Now I'm definitely getting GameCube (girlfriend and I are suckers for most anything Mario related) and I want to get one other system. From the looks of it, it will probably be XBox. I love the fact that it has a built in HD, because I ***hate*** memory cards. I've hated them since PS1.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Carlo -- sorry to burst the bubble, but you'll STILL need a memory card to save games on the X-box. I can't remember all of the specifics, but a couple of threads on the hardware forum whacked that topic around a few weeks ago. MS is intending to use the HD for possible downloadable game content, faster loads, and persistent game content. The lack of a save feature doesn't make any sense to me, anyway.

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator
Strange,I just read somewhere that the HD would have 3 partitions.1 of those was for game saves.Well,TGS is almost upon us so we should know soon.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Shawn-
Its probably not game saves, but user saved content, like MP3s ripped from CDs. There is probably a section for better loading, a section for downloadable content for games, and then another section for things like mutlimedia and user saved stuff.

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Wrong!
You WILL be able to use the Xbox hard drive to save games. The memory cards are just to transport your save game files between machines/houses.
Read any Xbox material and it clearly states this.
Ian
------------------
[Edited last by Ian C on October 08, 2001 at 04:15 PM]

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Hmm, it looks like Obi-Wan is going to be just a 3rd-person version of Jedi Power Battles. I was hoping it would be more like the Dark Forces: Jedi Knight series. It does look fun though, but I am now looking forward to Jedi Knight 2 even more.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes! No memory card! (unless you want to take saved games over to a friend's place, something I rarely if ever do)
Ever since the crap from PS1 (and yes, I used Sony cards as well as 3rd party one) and continuing with N64's cards, they had left a bad taste in my mouth. I loved Madden on the PC because I could save a crapload of plays, instant replays, roster changes, stats, etc. without worrying about paying $30 for another frickin' memory card.
Thank you X-Box for integrating a HD. That makes it worth the $299. Hell, if PS2 is charging that, X-Box is justified as well. Still, the GameCube looks great for $199, and I love the Mario-style games and All Star baseball...mmm
yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks