What's new

Hogans Heroes Season 2 - when does that get released? (1 Viewer)

DanMel

Second Unit
It looks like season 2 is going to be another huge seller for Hogan's Heroes as it is already ranked 213 on amazon with two months to go as opposed to Bob Newhart (another one of my all time favorites) that still hasn't cracked the thousand barrier. My Wallmart can not keep the first season of HH in stock very long as they have already filled up the bin four different times on it. I would say it is a safe assumption that we will see all six seasons of this show get released. My only wish is that they would speed up the season releases to every three months as opposed to every six.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Amazon ranking info, DanMel :)

I always am curious how my favorites are doing out there. I agree, the season releases can't come soon enough for me :D

(Sgt Shultz talking to Carter in Klink's office when Carter is dusting and trying to watch the commadant's desk at the same time so he's accidantally dusting Shultz :laugh: )
"Carter...what are you doing? Do you think I'm a Filing Cabinet, Dumkoff?"

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
Well based on reading the reviews. I guess its safe to get S2. From what I read it sounds liek the eps are complete :)

DanMel

Second Unit
It's good to see that Hogan's Heroes season 2 is selling as well as season 1. It has been in the top 100 for a month now in total TV Dvd sales for Amazon and now has finally broke the top 25 and is currently at 16 for all dvd sales at amazon which is quite amazing considering that it is 40 years old and currently beating brand new shows like the great race that appeals to younger fans who supposedly are the one's that buy dvds. Hogan's Heroes Season 2 has some great episodes and some great extra features. One of my other favorite shows The Beverly Hillbillies is not doing as well in sales at amazon currently at 294, which is more than likely the result of it not being the complete first season. However, another favorite show The Bob Newhart show is doing reasonably well for season 2 as it is now in the top 100 at 97.

Surprisingly The New Outer Limits season 1, a show that I thought would do quite well is doing very poorly at amazon with a little over a month to go as it is only ranked at 3,911

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I notice that Paul Brownstein (the producer of the "Dick Van Dyke Show" sets) is credited as the producer of the season 2 set. I hope Paramount's efforts on the season 2 set is a sign of things to come for other shows -- they really need to give us some features on at least one season of "Andy Griffith" or "Taxi" or many other shows where much of the cast is still alive -- though I won't get my hopes up too high.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Can't wait to watch this tonight. As someone already said, it's kind of a bad idea to have "home movies" touted as a feature on a Bob Crane release. Ouch.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I just got this set tonight, and boy, are my ribs hurting from watching my favorite episode of this season, "Will the real Adolf please stand up?"

Larry Hovis, who played Carter, should have gotten an Emmy for this episode - he was spot on perfect as Hitler, and not just because of the physical resemblance. The way he got rid of General Burkhalter by ranting about the German generals:

Leon Askin [General Burkhalter] was likewise wonderful, with that horrified, "Oh, crap!" look on his face. I thought he was going to do a donut out of the gates of Stalag 13.

If you get a chance to get your hands on this set, DO NOT HESITATE! The series really starts picking up steam, and is even funnier, if that is possible, than season one.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

My thoughts exactly. When I saw the "includes home movies" sticker on the package, I noted that if this set would indeed have the true Bob Crane "home movies," it would outsell Seinfeld.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
But they'd have to sell it behind the counter, or else:

"Mom, what's Col. Hogan doing with that girl?"

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
The packaging is verrrry interesting. First time I've seen the double slimlines, wish EVERYBODY did this, could use the extra shelf space.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering the same thing. We're halfway through the entire run, just 3 seasons to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks