What's new

HOFFA coming in January? (1 Viewer)

Bobby S

Grip
In the Dec. 9th edition of USA Today there is a small article about Jack Nicholson films on DVD. At the end of this article there are 4 or 5 titles mentioned that are NOT on DVD yet, one of them being HOFFA, but in parentheses was the statement "coming in January". So maybe USA Today knows something we don't know. This is the 1st I've heard that this great Nicholson movie is finally being released on DVD. Hope they're correct. Anyone have more info?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was in a chat with Warner Brothers (I think the one before last) and asked about this title. They said they were working on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in 2004. It's a great film.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Found this early today at a well-known retailer. Wasn't looking for it yet but they had it on one of their floating displays. 14.99. It's a single disc set, but it has a decent amount of extras. Haven't seen it in a long time, I'll be glad to check it out soon!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Sounds to me like everything that was on the laserdisc is being ported over to the new DVD. I found the laserdisc several years back in a bargain bin at the old Camelot Music (replaced now by FYE), and they had four copies in stock - three for $18.88 and one for $10.88. A real no-brainer as to which one I got! :)

As long as they give Hoffa a good anamorphic widescreen transfer in Dolby 5.1 sound, I'll be happy to upgrade from my laserdisc.

DarrinH

Second Unit
So what happened to this release?
I have been to two places and they have no record of it even being released?

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Hoffa last weekend. I went to BB on the release date and none were to be found. They must have had them in the back. When I went last night to get Raw Deal and the re-release of Planet of the Apes, all they had on the shelf was the fullscreen of the latter... several of them. They had to go to the back to get the widescreen version for me.

Raw Deal was under drama... only one copy... okee dokee...

Nick

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
None at Wal-Mart and none at circuit city.
It's funny. I stopped at a Best Buy store and a Borders store last night to see if either had Ed Wood. Neither did. But they each had Hoffa.

You might want to try Best Buy. The store did not have it displayed with the new releases. It simply had two copies shelved in alphabetical order among the drama titles.

Michael_Gu

Auditioning
I bought mine last Tuesday at the Best Buy nearest me. I guess I was pretty lucky to get it so early.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I got it yesterday at Best Buy for $14.99. It wasn't there last week on its release date, probably because it's a catalog title and BB wasn't in a hurry to put it on the shelves. But it's there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks