What's new

HMV (Canada) Good Sale on DVDs... (1 Viewer)

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
For Canadians who don't know, HMV has a 2 DVD for 40 dollars (CAN) sale on right now and this represents an excellent price for several DVDs. Some of the DVDs you can get at this price are (from memory):

Being John Malkovich

Saving Private Ryan SE (non-DTS version)

Rush Hour 1 and 2

Dark City

Austin Powers 1 and 2

...and a number of other titles. I saw this sale on at more than one HMV in Toronto, so I assume the sale exists country-wide.

kfa

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Yes! I took advantage of this sale a couple days ago and got 'An American Werewolf in London' and 'The Cell'. I knew that I had to get 'American Werewolf' for sure, but I had to also get a second one.

So, since I already owned many of those on sale (damn! i paid more than that for those!), I chose 'The Cell' (even though i had never seen it) after reading many reviews on it that praised it mainly for its high marks for presentation on dvd (lots of special features including the main draw for me, an isolated score).

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
This would be great news, except that here in Winnipeg, I can already get most of those discs at Future Shop or Real Cdn Superstore for $16-$19 dollars.
the HMV online store used to have some decent deals w/coupons, but really and truly, the B&M stores are pretty bad, price-wise. New releases going "on sale" for $34.99 and up is ludicrous.:thumbsdown:
BTW, Blockbuster is selling previously-viewed copies of Rush Hour 2 for $9.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks