Hmmm, is there any vendors/studios that would be cool to see at future NYC HTF meets?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam Posten, May 10, 2001.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I've just read the state of the DVD report and have always been 'jealous' of the places our gang gets to visit out in Cali. Our NYC meets are pretty tame by comparison, mostly just hitting a few stores, a kickass lunch, and a audio/video tourist type attraction usually.
    So I've been thinking are there any manufacturers/studios/tv stages/production facilities that you would just drool over visiting? I know lots of tv shows are taped in NYC, any of those you think we'd be interested in touring?
    List what you think would be cool and I'll see if I can whip something up for an early summer NYC meet. Now that school is out for the summer and I have a few more free hours during the week I can spend some time organizing one.
    Ron, if you want to pose this question to your mailing list, please feel free!
    Sam
    ------------------
    I find your lack of faith... Disturbing.
    [​IMG]

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    We talked about this at the Hi Fi show, one idea we had was NBC's HDTV Production facilities. Any interest in that?
    If so I'll get cracking on a tour for us.
    Sam
    ------------------
    I find your lack of faith... Disturbing.
    [​IMG]

3. EricK

EricK Second Unit

Eric
    Sam,
    I mentioned Rockerfeller Center (NBC Studios) as a possible NYC MEET to you at the last meet. The other suggestion I can make is David Letterman is broadcast in HiDef and that is CBS in NYCity. That may be a possibility too, plus we can catch a taping of one of his shows and maybe arrange a behind the scenes tour before the taping starts. Cool idea guys or what?
    Eric.
    ------------------
    Creative Audio Consultants, inc. Installs, calibrations, consultations.
    DVD List:http://www.dvdtracker.com/~EricK
    AOL IM screen name : EDKalet6

4. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

5. Dave Hahn

Dave Hahn Second Unit

Dave Hahn
    I think a trip to The American Museum of the Moving Imagehttp://www.ammi.org/site/site.asp would be cool. Throw in a stop at J&R Music World, Uncle's Stereo, and/or Virgin Mega Store at Times Square, with a meal at Virgil's and you've got a good day!
    How about a Saturday or Sunday in July?
    ------------------
    "When you call me that, smile!"
    My DVD Collection

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Actually Dave a few of us did go to that very museam a year or two back, and I recommend it highly.
    I havent gotten off my ass and contacted nbc yet but your suggestion would be a good one if that falls through.
    Sam

7. John Fieldstadt

John Fieldstadt Stunt Coordinator

What about the studios (Silvercup???) in Queens? I know that some TV shows are produced there and I'm pretty sure that they are involved in movies too although I am not sure. How could we find out? Just a thought.
    ------------------
    Sony KP-61HS10, Sony DB940, Toshiba SD-6200, JVC HR-7600U, Sony CE545, Sony Sat. Receiver, Klipsch Reference Series (RB-5, RC-3 & RS-3), Klipsch KSW-15, Sennheiser RS-6, Sony RM-AV2100