What's new

HMMM - Fluance paired with Velodyne? Or pure Polk? (1 Viewer)

Mando-R

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I get 65% off on Polk products, I'm still intrigued by the deals on Fluance.com and I was wondering if anyone has seen any pro reviews or could give me some advice on how these speakers exactly sound? Are they white van speakers?

If I go with Fluance, I will have the money to get a nice Velodyne subwoofer.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Mando I'd actually recomend not going with the velodyne since you can get more sub for equal or less money from Adrie or SVS etc. If that helps free up the budget for main speakers then all the better. As for Fluance the general reviews are that they're pretty well made but you're gambleing on something you've never heard. There's a set of JBL's in the for sale area at the moment that I'd take before the fluance.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I am a huge Polk fan and became that way after tons of auditioning and research. Definitely my highest recommendation in the bang for your buck category. I am not fool-hearty enough to claim they are the best because they are not. I just have found it takes quite a bit more cash to bring a bigger smile.:D With that kind of discount I say go Polk and don't look back.:emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
If Fluance are "white Van Speakers", then the Van boys have been doing their homework :)...my Fluance's (purchased directly from fluance.com not a van BTW) sound great after the break-in...I think they sound more "natural" than my friend's Klipsch (a subjective matter of course) setup, though not as loud & "powerful" of course ;)
I don't know if you want to mix n' match speaker brands tho....even if the Fluance's sound better, I've found that matched setups are more important, even if sacrificng a tiny
bit of sound quality (which may not even be the case)

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I think the Fluance Speakers give a remarkable bang for the buck. Where can you get floorstanding speakers for that price? I'm still pinching myself that those speakers sound that good for the little amount that I paid.
I read that white van thread as well and the only connection I saw was very thin at best. People who have made these comments haven't even heard these speakers!
You touched on idea that I had as well. In my case I was able to buy a better receiver and invest later in a subwoofer. If I had bought JBL I most certainly couldn't have afforded the receiver I wanted and with bookshelf speakers I would have needed a sub right away.
If you feel uncomfortable about buying speakers that you can't audition, the speakers that I auditioned in retail stores for what I could afford, sounded not even close.
I think if one was going to make a $1500.00 investment in speakers then yes take them home and audition them.
At this level however, performance/cost matters and the internet only speakers give you the best deal.

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Jeff. With that kind of discount, I think you will be hard pressed to get better "bang for the buck" than the Polks.

BTW, I also agree with Andrew in regards to his sub advice.

Mando-R

Stunt Coordinator
I can't get a discount on SVS. My discount is on:
Velodyne, Onkyo, Panasonic, Polk, Infinity, Bose (I know already), Sony and Pioneer speakers.

We have a Pioneer 563 DVD player but it always gets sold out and I want the Lite On LVD2001 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks