What's new

HK525 Logic 7 problem? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hello,

Twice in the past couple of days, I've had an abnormal issue with my HK525. While watching TV in Logic 7, all rear speakers were suddenly engaged, causing an echo effect throughout the room. This continued until I turned the 525 off and back on again. Stopping & restarting the media did nothing to help.

The first time this happened we were watching a tape (not my fault, some friends brought it over, I would have picked the DVD). Second time I was watching DirecTV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Right now, it is only a mild annoyance, but if it continues to happen I'm going to be a little upset. I am hoping this is not a problem with my particular receiver. I've owned it a little over a month and other than this, it has performed flawlessly.

The only thing that has recently changed on the unit is the addition of a Gamecube into the video3 inputs. Gamecube was powered off during both of these episodes.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Brett_H

Second Unit
Ryan,
I own that receiver's predecessor (the 520) and I've noticed that same problem once or twice. I also noticed that some owners of the AVR 8000 were having this problem (see this thread ).
Did you happen to notice if this problem was repeatable? Meaning, if you rewound the tape to the spot that was affected, could you reproduce the problem? I'm wondering if it's something to do with poor encoding of the source material that's throwing the L7 processing off an causing bizarre results or if it's really a processor problem.
When it happened to me I was watching a broadcast show so I didn't have the chance to rewind. I believe I ended up switching sources and then switching back to cable and that seemed to resolve the issue.
-Brett.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hi Brett,

Thanks for the response & the link. Yep, that thread references the same problem I'm having. I did not check to see if the problem was reproducable, although I considered doing so. I have annoyed friends in the past by tweaking settings and testing for things during a presentation, so I simply corrected the problem and continued the movie. This was also the first time it happened so I wasn't too concerned about troubleshooting.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with poor encoding of the source material
Wouldn't surprise me. In both of my situations it was fairly poor material (an old VHS rental and an old Seinfeld re-run on DirecTV).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks