HK520 problem, please help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Joe Szott, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I have been having some trouble with my HK520 recently. This weekend I took down all the speakers in the setup and remounted them with omnimounts. Once it was all complete, I powered up the HK520 and now the FL output is dead. I have switched out the speakers and the wire that connects the FL amp output to the speaker and everything else works but the amp output. This is very odd since the amp was off while I was remounting the speakers and I never touched anything but the wires at the speakers to remove/reinstall them.

Is there anything else I can test to troubleshoot this problem, or do I need to just take this into a shop to be fixed? I'm not sure what HK's warranty policy is since I bought this used from someone here at HTF, I'm hoping this isn't expensive. Also, any ideas what could cause a problem like this, it is really odd that one channel should break down like this out of the blue.

Thanks for any help...

2. Lando P

Lando P Agent

Have you checked the jumper pin whether it's lose or properly plugged in?

Regards,

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Uhh, what's a jumper pin? [​IMG]

4. Lando P

Lando P Agent

A jumper pin is a u-shaped connector that connects the preamp output (no. 38 on the real panel connection diagram) and amplifier input (no. 39) of each channel except the SBR and SBL. I'm thinking that one of your speaker wires might have hit the FL jumper pin to cause it to be loose - thus no sound. You may check pages 10 -11 of the owner's manual for more information.

Regards,

5. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I will check it, thanks Lando!