HK520 and Directv Question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph_Mikhail, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

I have a Directv receiver with an optical output. Some shows are in DD5.1. The problem I have is that the HK520 will detect the DD5.1 signal like it should (when its available), but when I switch to a show that isn't in DD the HK520 will switch to "Surround Off" rather than PLII.

Is there a way to make it default back to PLII or Logic 7 instead of "Surround Off".

Thanks.

2. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Yes, this is kind of an annoying problem. Haven't found a way to remedy the situation yet. If anyone out there knows an answer, please chime in.

3. Kevin L K

Kevin L K Second Unit

Guys--look at pages 20 & 21 in the manual.I have the 320 and it's supposed to work the way it states in the manual but it seems it does not always work that way.I have Dish Network and all I have to do is if I switch from a DD 5.1 broadcast to a DD 2.0 or a 2.1 broadcast "Dolby Digital + Dolby Pro-Logic II" will scroll accross the front of the receiver(and the TV screen)--it actually applies both.If I switch from a DD 5.1 broadcast to a plain old stereo broadcast(and it will tell you so in the info section for the program)it will USUALLY switch to DPL II since I've set that as the default but if not I just simply press the button labeled "Dolby" until DPL II is selected.

4. Joseph_Mikhail

I set the default to be PL II. It has never defaulted back to PL II when I switch from a show that has DD to a show that does not.

5. Kevin L K

Kevin L K Second Unit

I guess you'll just have to push the "Dolby" button on the remote to switch to DPL II then.

6. Joseph_Mikhail

Looks like theres no way to do it. Here is a response I received from HK's technical support: