HK Signature 2.1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Samuel Des, May 2, 2002.

1. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

I am interested in the Harman Kardon Signature 2.1 smplifier, but have been unable to find pics of the back of this unit. As it is unavailable locally, I will be purchasing online from Harman directly. I cannot take a look at it here.

Are the speaker terminal easily accessible? My HK 7000 receiver's back-end is difficult to negotiate. I suspect that the Sig. 2.1 may be similarly layed out. Does anyone here actually have this amp? I found a total of four posts on it, but these were only audition suggestions -- no one seemed to have one.

2. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

i have it and they are spaced pretty well apart along the bottom of the amp across in a line - - - - -.

3. Samuel Des

Thanks Bruce -- What do you think of it? What do you have "mated with it"? Does it have a toriodal transformer?

4. Bruce Cadotte

__________________________________________________ _________
    Thanks Bruce -- What do you think of it?
    i like it because it is a little bright compared to the sherwood 9080 amp(a little warm maybe)which i think is great for the surrounds.
    What do you have "mated with it"?
    right now every thing is kind of mixed up in my theaters because of waiting for the 950(should have tomorrow).
    Does it have a toriodal transformer?
    i have no idea what that is[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Samuel Des

Hey, wow , thanks for getting back to me so quick. What I mean is, is the transformer donought shaped, or is it a box? I've become a little obsessed with that issue.

6. Bruce Cadotte

not at home right now i am at work so i will look when i get home but i won't be able to post till tomorrow(must spend time with wife watching Friends,CSI and ER[​IMG] ,i want to watch the Red Wings but i have been married for 15 years now so i know who's the boss [​IMG] )

7. Samuel Des

8. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Yes, guys, it does have one of those donut shape transformers. Heavy too. High current amp and I hear a great value. I have it's "little" brother, the PA5800.

9. Scott Oliver

Scott Oliver Screenwriter

How much is Harman selling one to you directly for. Is it refurbished?
    Anyhow, I have this amp and am trying to sell mine, for I am slowly moving to tube amplification. My amp is in "like new" condition (no scratches or dings, just usage). I have owned it for three years, but for only the first year was it used as my primary amp. The second year and a half, it only powered my 2 surround speakers, and for last half year it has been sitting unused on my audio rack, after I sold my surrounds. Email me if you are interested at [email protected] or if you have more questions you would like answered.
    Yes as stated it has a large donut shaped transformer standing on its end which is why the unit is as tall as it is. The rear layout is very well spaced, in comparison I have a Bryston amp that is nearly impossible to connect all three of its channels up at once due to spacing.
    I think this amp is a steal at the price they are going for used or refurbished currently. I am jealous that I had to pay like $1400 after tax for mine back in the day. Now the Signature 2.0 processor, I wouldn't wish that piece upon even my enemies. Can you tell I had reliability issues with the 2.0:b ?

10. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

The coolest thing about this amp is how the logo glows blue. It's the little things...