What's new

HK Receivers-which one? (1 Viewer)

Gerard M

Auditioning
I am looking to upgrade my current HT system. I have a Marantz SR880 MKII and am looking at the HK line. I have narrowed it down to the AVR525, AVR7200 or ARV630. I have B&W speakers and sub. I want to run 5.1 in my HT room and 2 other speakers in another location. Will the AVR525 do the job or do I need the AVR7200? I am tempted to wait for the AVR630 because it looks like it is software upgradeable. The one thing I don't want to do is upgrade again in the next year or two. Any help would be appreciated.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well the 525 is a nice piece but I think the 7200 will suite you much better as it has that extra power you want for an additional room. The 630 would also be a nice upgrade but I don't know much about them since they are only about 1 month old.. if I had an option I would stick with the AVR-7200 because of it's offering and the lower price it is at now with everyone moving over to the new line.

Also, it delivers 100W x7 channels so you will definantly have the power you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks