What's new

HK receiver (1 Viewer)

Mike:Corb

Stunt Coordinator
I will be going to college next fall and am going to build the best HT system I can get with my limited money. This system will be going in a dorm. Keep in mind I haven't purchased it yet and am looking for feedback on if I am going the right way with my choices. Start off with a refurb HK225, match that with a ventriloquist vt-12 with a STF-2 sub, and probably a pioneer 563A dvd player. I will be using a 27" Sony Wega TV, model number 27FV310. How does this look? I really want to start purchasing tomorrow, so if you guys could give me some feedback right away. I would really appreciate it.

Mike:Corb

Stunt Coordinator
I am also considering some paradigm speakers. Possibly front Titans, rear Atoms, and not sure about the center. What do you guys think about this setup. Also how would it compare to the HSU Ventriloquist?

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
well I got my AVR225 the otherday and I couldn't be happier with it :)

The Power / Sound quality is night and day from my old receiver (some older Panasonic- entry level DD receiver).

Aside from that it's a beauty to stare at :)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I own an AVR-225 as well, but it was new. I love this thing and it's great for it's price.

Looks great especially for a dorm room as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks