HK Receiver Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lando P, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Lando P

Lando P Agent

On my AVR-510's front panel surround mode indicator, the "Dolby Digital" light would stay on only for a couple of minutes after I turned the receiver on. Then the light would go off while the rest remain lit.

The unit's still under warranty, but the wait of 10 - 14 days plus the inconvenience of taking out and putting back all the cable and wire connections is just too much for a supposedly minor problem like this.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or does anybody have any idea whether this could be a DIY fix? I would appreciate your input.

Regards

2. Lando P

Lando P Agent

Sorry for the double post.

Regards,

3. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Lando,

Do you mean the DD indicator in the surround mode listings or the actual small indicator of what's playing that lights to the left?

I'm assuming you mean the latter as all of the mode listings should be lit from a common source. As long as you are getting DD output from a DD source this should be no problem...merely a nuisance. However, if the light goes out and the sound changes there is a larger problem likely affecting the decoding.