What's new

HK EzSet vs SPL (1 Viewer)

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an AVR320 and was wondering if the EzSet was good enough or should I spring for a standalone SPL meter? Seems fine to me now, but if anyone has experience comparing the two how bad or good is the EzSet?

StevenK

Second Unit
When I had the 520, the EZ-Set brought the levels withi +/- 1 of the levels I calibrated with the SPL....so it's pretty darn good IMO.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I agree with Steven. Both my 310 and 510 were able to get to within -1dB. Pretty cool. Not exactly RS meter accurate but darn close.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Depending on the room configuration (e.g. open walls or other), you may find varying results. That said, a friend calibrated his last weekend... +/- 1 dB :D

VinceB

Auditioning
I have a H/K 320 and everytime i calibrated using the EzSet the levels would change. I bought the avia disk and a SPL meter and got much better results.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Don't forget that you can also use the EzSet feature in manual mode. Pop in AVIA, and press the SPL button once. Start low and adjust each speakers level up until the LED just goes green. I find this is more accurate than the automatic feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AaronChi
Recent bookmarks