What's new

HK DPR 2005 vs Denon 3805? (1 Viewer)

JesseM

Auditioning
I am split between these two since the price is about the same, right now (~$1000). I have heard endless good reviews about the Denon 3805, but nothing on the HK DPR (Digital Path Reciever)2005, other than it is supposed to be a lot cleaner-sounding than previous DPR models. I am only debating since my reciever has to go in a closed media cabinet, and the DPR's run at significantly cooler temperatures than anaolgs, like the Denon 3805.

Are these two even comprable with respect to sound quality? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Well having heard both receivers in my setup, IMO the 2005 is the better sounding receiver. It is more detailed and accurate with more punch. On the other hand, it has quality control issues. I am on the the 3rd one because the first one died after 2 weeks and the second one was DOA. The 3805 has a very good auto calibration feature and is a more reliable unit IMO. The 3805 was a very nice sounding receiver but it just didn't match the sound quality i got from the HK. I think you will be happy with either unit. But if you don't want to worry about QC issues you might want to go with the 3805(even though i stuck with the 2005).

Good Luck,
Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks