What's new

HK AVRx25 Owners in DFW: Care to Test dts LFE levels? (1 Viewer)

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Lewis,

You're explanation definitely takes care of receivers being off by 10dB, but what about those that are off by 6dB, which is the other common factor? This one I can't figure out. In the overseas test report, a Yamaha was off by 6, a Sherwood by 10, and of course the HK by 16! Coincidence that the HK just happens to add up to the other two?

And again, I measured my Pioneer to be 6dB too low. The HK 310 I tested could be off by more, but testing conditions weren't 'perfect' for a more thorough evaluation. It doesn't provide it's own test tone for subwoofer output, so it may have not been set up perfectly.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
You're explanation definitely takes care of receivers being off by 10dB, but what about those that are off by 6dB, which is the other common factor? This one I can't figure out. In the overseas test report, a Yamaha was off by 6, a Sherwood by 10, and of course the HK by 16! Coincidence that the HK just happens to add up to the other two?
Yeah I can't comment on the 6db "error",DTS should really check on these complaints,since they license the technology,so it's implementation,should be flawless.
I wonder if those THX certified products[which mandates LFE mix option],"scores higher" with users,partialy because of this issue?

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Lewis said
I wonder if those THX certified products[which mandates LFE mix option],"scores higher" with users,partialy because of this issue?
What!? Is this true? Because my Pioneer 33TX doesn't have an LFE mix option, and it seems to me they have replaced this with a 'bass peak level' setting. Maybe that's what you meant. Notice in the new Pioneer line, the 41 (which is not THX) offers an LFE setting, but the 43TX does not (it too has a 'bass peak level' setting). Two totally different animals these features are :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks