1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

HK AVR325 Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by PeterKurpiewski, Sep 16, 2003.

1. PeterKurpiewski

Hey all, I'm kinda confused about the rear surround channels on the AVR325. I know they can be used for multizone, but is there any way I could also use them for rear surround in my home theater room? I won't be going for 7.1 right away, so it won't be an issue for a few months, but I'd love to install the rear surrounds in the future. If that's not possible with the AVR325 I'll prolly have to look for other receivers, something I really don't want to do.

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

3. PeterKurpiewski

Ahhh, but what I'd like to do is have both hooked up, so for when I'm watching movies I could have 7.1 surround but for when I'm in another room, can listen to music. Would it just require I hook up a good a/b switch box to those ports and have the other zone speakers on a and the rear surrounds on b?

4. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

I don't see why you couldn't hook up an A/B switch...

5. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

6. PeterKurpiewski

My room isn't that big and I dont _need_ 7.1, but it'd be something I'd like to have someday. I could probally just use my old Proton stereo reciever for the other rooms and figure something out with that and save some hassle. Well, I've still got plenty of time to figure it out. It'll be awhile before I have a full 5.1 setup, much more for the eventual 7.1.