What's new

HK AVR230 - no sound/video, blown fuse? (1 Viewer)

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
The other day, I all of a sudden lost all sound from my receiver. The only video output I use, on screen display, isn't working either. The LEDS in front all look normal, no indication of a problem. The only thing I can think of is a blown fuse, but I'd assume the LEDs wouldn't function in that case.

Joey_V

Second Unit
CRAP!! I have the AVR330 and THE SAME THING happened to me just a few hours ago! All leds in the front look normal, but NO SOUND. I was watching an episode of that 70s show, then in the middle, for no reason, the sound just turned off... but the receiver remained "on". The Leds were still on, but no sound.

Someone help US!!

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
How, that's weird. Well, we took the cover off and took the fuse out and tested it. I was pretty upset when we found it it's still good, then we noticed there are at least 2 or 3 other fuses. I'm guessing each fuse is associated with a different function, which would explain why the LEDs are still on. I'm new to this stuff so I can really only guess, I just hope I'm right and one of these fuses is blown.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
None of them. We tried all 5, all were good. I reset all the settings and I'm still getting nothing.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I've tried that. Nothing is working at all, I can only see the LED display and change settings from there.

Joey_V

Second Unit
Well, I drove mine to the nearest auth. repair center. They said it should be under warranty... only catch is that it might take about 3 weeks for the repair. *Groan*.

Oh well, I bought a cheap Sony receiver to get me through this painful wait.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
Good luck with that. I can't seem to find the invoice/receipt from when I bought mine. I bought mine online, so I just emailed the company I bought from and hopefully they can send me a copy of the receipt or something.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
I called HK customer service and got things taken care of. The person I talked with was really helpful. He put in an authorization order, so I just have to call one of their premiere service centers and give them the authorization number and ship the reciever.

Joey_V

Second Unit
YESSSS!!! I just picked up my HK330 from the shop and it is fixed... like new again! They even fixed the malfunctioning volume (potentiometer, I think) dial so now it doesnt skip numbers when volume adjusting.... I didnt even mention that in the work order.

HK warranty is great... one email - that's all it took. They told me to bring it to ANY repair shop on their list, I brought it in and told them what was wrong, they made a copy of my copy of a receipt (Im not the original owner, I bought from ebay), and I was on my way. They called after 2 weeks and told me it was done.

Voila!! Two thumbs up for HK! :D

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear. Good news here, too. I shipped mine to the service center last Tuesday, and got it back today working again. This was surprisingly easy to get taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks