What's new

HK avr225 at 4 ohms (1 Viewer)

Stephen Matthew

Stunt Coordinator
I am building my mains and it didnt occur to me that the cabinets im building are 4 ohms whereas Ht speakers are normally 8 ohms... I recently replaced an old POS pioneer receiver with the HK and im pretty sure it will handle 4 ohms better than the pioneer would have, but id still like to know if i will have problems... It has plenty of ventilation and likely wont see much use at high volume as i live in an apartment...I would also be using a 4 ohm center channel as well as 4 ohm surrounds... the pioneer had no problem driving the single 4ohm load of the center channel but it was only driving 3 speakers...

If the HK will have problems with this load, is there anything else out there that costs about what i can sell the HK for that will?? worse case scenario i guess.. i picked up the HK authorized new for a ridiculously low price, but ive grown to love it over the past few days...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
From what I've read in the H/K section at a competitors' forum, I don't think the H/K receiver will have any problems driving a 4 Ohm load. However, H/K will not guarantee that it will.

Users who are viewing this thread