HK AVR125, question about auto-detect on digital audio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryon_M, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Bryon_M

Bryon_M Extra

This is kind of a double post from the newbie forum, so sorry up front but after a little response I figured out it's really a receiver specific problem.
    The problem is whith my directv. It works perfectly with true DD 5.1 signals and the receiver switches to Dolby dital on it's own. The problem comes when I switch to a non-DD channel, the receiver sets the surround mode to Off leaving just the front 2 speakers active. I would think you'd want non-DD signals being processed with Pro-Logic II so I figure I have something set up wrong.
    Can anyone shed some light on this little problem?
    Here's a link to the Manual, which is sorely laking IMO.

2. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

I have the AVR520 I have noticed the same thing n mine,going through manual for 3rd time[​IMG] ,I'm starting to think that its just the way the AVR series operate?

3. Bryon_M

Bryon_M Extra

Well I just got a response back from HK tech support here is the entire email including my orginal email for reference sake. Bottom line we're SOL

4. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

Thanks for posting that Bryon[​IMG] ,I was on the 20th time for reading that mass of jibberish called a users manual,and just gave up.My only complaint with my HK is that manual,it is truly close to wothless[​IMG]