HK AVR owners, Help me set-up this 230...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tom Grooms, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

I am hooking up an HK 230 AV receiver for a co-worker. She has a DVD player, X-box, Hi-Def Cable and a PC. The TV is a Hitachi 51SWX20b. Here is my proposed configuration.

DVD = Component + Digital Coax
    X-Box = Component + Digital Optical
    PC = s-video + Digital Coax
    Cable box = dvi + Digital Optical

OK, the Hitachi only has 2 component inputs (Video 1 and 2) and only 1 DVI (Video 1). What I would like to do is run the DVD and x-box through the receivers component video switching section, PC via svid also switched and the DVI cable box all to Video 1 input on the TV. SO Video 1 would have DVI, component and an s-vid connection.

Will the receiver allow me to switch the video like this without screwing with the tv inputs? I guess I can assign specific video outputs to switch with the audio. I guess im wondering if the DVI cable box hook-up will throw a wrench into my solution.

Is this gonna work?

Thanks In advance!

2. Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance Stunt Coordinator

The DVI will not work though the the component connection, I would just plug the DVI into the TV.

3. Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms Second Unit

The Video 1 input spots on her TV include DVI, Component, S-Video and composite. There is also a component on video 2 and s-vid on Video 3-5.

I was going to run the DVI straight out of the cable box into the DVI slot on the TV labeled "Video 1"

The DVD player and the X-Box will both be feed to the receiver via component and back to the TV via component into again "Video 1"

The PC will be S-video into the receiver and S-video out of the receiver into, you guessed it, "Video 1"

Still following

Will it fly!