HK AVR-7200 Bass/Treble/Balance Knob Issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Stream, May 24, 2005.

1. John Stream

John Stream Extra

What would be the possible reasons for the Bass, Treble, and Balance knobs not functioning on a receiver.

I have recently sold my unit and the person who purchased it mentioned that the knobs don't do anything.

I mentioned to him to perform a system reset to clear all input and speaker level settings (reference calibration and small/large). I know when the receiver left my house, front and rear channels were set to small thus sending my LFE to the sub channel. Would this disable the Bass knob? I can't think of a reason the other knobs wouldn't work.

Any ideas? Anyone ever run into this before?

2. Daniel-S

Daniel-S Auditioning

There is a "Tone" feature in HKs which if it is "Tone-out", it bypasses these controls..."Tone-in" puts these controls on line.

Glad you were able to sell your unit...I was interested but ended up getting a Marantz unit just because it is cheaper and I already have an HK AVR. Good luck with your twins...I am expecting my self in 2 weeks....

3. John Stream

John Stream Extra

I just looked that up in the manual and I bet a million bucks that this is the issue. Thank you. I don't know if I ever even noticed that. I never messed with any of those knobs.

My wife is 32 weeks. The twins could come tomorrow or we are hoping we'll see them in 4 weeks. Who knows. Scary stuff going from 1 kid to 3. All of a sudden we're outnumbered!

Congratulations Daniel.

4. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I don't know if HK is this way even though I currently own one (I don't use the tone controls). My old Kenwood recvr only allowed adjustment to the tone controls when in stereo mode...all surround modes disabled the tone controls.