HK AVR 630 Opinions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ryan_F, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Ryan_F

Ryan_F Auditioning

Hey everyone, I'm new here and and in the process of looking for a good home theater reciever and am lucky enought to have access to HK equipment for a very good discount through work. I'm interested in peoples opinions who have owned or used the AVR 630 or the 7200, and am wondering how they compare to other similarily priced recievers by say Yamaha or other manufacturers. I ask this because I have noticed in other forums that some people strongly oppose anything from HK due to reliability issues and am wondering whether it is just the typical complaints of the odd user who has had a bad experience or whether it would be better to spend a little extra and buy from a different manufacturer without the discount. Any thoughts would be appreciated and I appologize for the length of this post.

Ryan

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

From what I've read, it appears that the reliability issues were from the receivers two generations back. The 320, 520, etc. had some "issues." The previous generation, 125, 225, 325, 525 & 7200 appeared to be more "solid" when it came to quality. The newest generation: 230, 330, 430, 630, etc. also appears to be "solid."

Now, with that being said, I see you are from Canada. Most of the H/K threads that I've read seem to indicate that H/K isn't as cheap in Canada as it is in the U.S. - after factoring in the currency differences. Possibly, you could find something by another manufacturer that would give you more "bang for your buck" as opposed to H/K in Canada.

3. Ryan_F

Ryan_F Auditioning

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your input and Its good to hear support of the fact that the current line is of good quality becasue I would prefer to go HK if its worth it due to the substantial discount I can get that I mentioned above.