HK AVR 325 Logic 7 questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Scott>G, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Scott>G

Scott>G Agent

Sep 12, 2003
    I have a question regarding the use of HK's Logic 7. I assume that only certain recordings will allow me to use logic 7.

Can someone tell me what dvd recording types will allow me to use the logic 7.1 feature and how to activate it? I have not been able to figure it out. Is it as simple as pushing the logic 7 button on the remote when using the proper recording type?

Could someone recommend a movie that they know works with logic 7?

2. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

May 3, 1999
    Logic 7 on your 325 works on DVD's that are not Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1. Like older movies that are 2 channel stereo (PCM). Or if you're using the analog 2 channel input instead of digital coax/optical, you can enable Logic 7 on any movie.

I have a HK 325 also and only use Logic 7 on older DVD's. I do use it when watching TV and VCR movies though.

Easiest way to try it is to hook up some RCA cables to your DVD player and plug them into the analog DVD inputs on your receiver. Switch the input from Digital to Analog and enable Logic 7.

I don't see an advantage of using Logic 7 if the movie is already encoded in 5.1 DD or DTS. But it's great for TV/VCR use.