What's new

HK avr 225 vs denon avr 1603 (1 Viewer)

Casey N

Auditioning
which one of these would be the best for me. it would be used for 50% music, 50% movies. i have kenwood 520 series speakers all round. please bear in mind that i am still in school so are there any other recievers for the same price range that would be better for me?

thanks

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
Casey,

I'm in the same situation as you (a student on a low budget). And I picked and picked, and picked the AVR225 from HK :) ... if you look at the bear features the HK far surpases those of the Denon 1603.

Just to list a few ...
The HK has more digital inputs than the Denon
HK - On Screen Display
HK - EsSet Technology (built in SPL for speaker vol. setting)
HK - High Quality Speaker connection posts for all speakers, vs only on mains for the Denon.
HK - blahg I can go on but I won't :)

John S

Senior HTF Member
The AVR125 goes for $180 shipped on a refurb unit. Just another cheaper option for you.

Good luck!!!

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a an AVR-1603 last month at 6ave.com and they upgraded the unit to an AVR1604:D. I think they are going for $245.06 delivered right now. Brand new with factory warranty.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I have the AVR-225 and I love it, wouldn't get anything else, except another HK reciever. :)

Also, if you are on a tight budget look at the AVR-125, it's about $50-75 less than the 225 and just lacks the few extra features.

Casey N

Auditioning
i have been looking around a bit and every place i have been to has said that H/K is shit unless you get the higher up models and they have been saying to get the Yamaha rx-v440 or rx-v540. do any of you guys agree with this.

also, at the moment i am leaning towards the denon avr 1604

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks