What's new

HK AVR-225 question (1 Viewer)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have a Samsung SIR-TS360 connected to an HK AVR-225 via digital coax for the audio connection. When the Samsung outputs "bitstream", the HK will play in dolby digital 5.1 if the program is DD but if its just analog, it will jump to 2 channel stereo. I'd prefer it to jump to Pro Logic II movie. Does anyone know if there is a way to force the AVR-225 to go into Pro Logic II (or even Logic 7) when it receives an "analog" signal? Lately I've been leaving the Samsung's audio out to "PCM" so its Pro Logic II all the time to avoid having to toggle back while channel surfing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I had a 225, so I should know this, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

I *think* when it detects bitstream it'll automatically switch to DD/DTS. If you send it something else, it will remember whatever setting you use and use that for future non-bitstream material. Either that or it's in the menu. I never had any trouble making it switch between DD/DTS and DPLII Music (which sounds better to me than Movie...and the guy from Dolby agrees).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks