HK AVR 120, Panasonic TV, CORRECT REMOTE CODES WHERE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by elMalloc, Jan 5, 2002.

1. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the HK AVR 120 remote to correctly function my panasonic TV (both are new models, too). None of the codes in the HK manual work for the TV, but they do function my DVD.

What can I do about this?

-ELmO

2. elMalloc

Guess I'll just get a learning remote...

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Did you try the code search function? As usual, press and hold MUTE while you push the VID2 key. Now, instead of keying in a specific device code, push the UP button (on the cursor pad) repeatedly until your TV turns off. At that point, push the VID2 again. Now turn the TV back on and try some keys to see if it's working. If not, try the above routine again.

Also, unless you re-assign the buttons (explained in the manual), only VID2 can be programmed for the TV.

4. elMalloc

OK Great it works on Video 2 now!

Is this possible though?

With a press of a button on the remote, the receiver turns on (or stays on) and switches to the correct input and the TV turns on (or stays on) and switches to the correct input?

I'm thinking it will work in that macro thing in the manual.

Thanks,

ELmO

5. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

I'm having the same problem with my Harman Kardon and Panasonic tv. I didn't know about the video 2 thing though.

I'll go give it a try.

I also can't get the remote to control my Marantz dvd player!

6. elMalloc

It's working fine now (video 2).

I wonder if I can daisy chain commands correctly now though (like what if it tries to switch to input 2 on TV but TV is off? Or what if TV is already on? = is the problem).

-ELmO

7. elMalloc

OK I can get the remote to turn on the receiver, turn on the DVD player, turn on the TV and switch to the correct input. What I can't get it to do is to turn on the receiver and CHANGE THE INPUT TO DVD! How do we do that? When you press the DVD input when programming, it switches to controlling the DVD player, and not switch to DVD on the receiver as it normally does...

Any suggestions?

ELmO

8. elMalloc

Now there is video1-video 4 on the remote, video 4 isn't programmed to control anything (nor video 1 though..), but video 4 will switch on the receiver (when programmed), yet video 1 won't switch on the receiver (it expects you to be controlling a VCR on that input).

These questions are to people who have an AVR 120, so if you don't this probably doesn't make much sense.

ELmO

9. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

I still can't get mine to turn on my Panasonic tv or my Marantz dvd!!

10. elMalloc

Which Panasonic TV is it?

And I guess we have to buy a "real" remote.

But to me, macro programming is useless if you can't program the receiver to switch to an input on itself when macro programming! It will only switch to an input on itself when you're directly doing it, otherwise if you press Video 2, or video 3, it will switch to controlling the TV or DVD respectively (in macro programming).

Bad. =(

ELmO

11. elMalloc

Anyone with an HK AVR 120 and uses the remote for macro programming, I need your help.

Still can't figure out how to switch to an input in a macro, since once you press "DVD", "INPUT 1", "INPUT 2" or anything to switch on the receiver (in a macro) - it will switch to controlling that object. So if I program a macro to do receiver on, then switch to DVD input - it will instead switch to controlling the DVD and what functions I would like to do to that, instead of switching inputs.

It sounds like it should esaily be able to switch to an input in a macro, but it's not working. What good is this thing if all it can do is turn on other equipment and switch THEM to the correct input, but the receiver has to be set to the right one?

-ELmO