What's new

HK AVP1 THX pre-amp/proc (7.1) (1 Viewer)

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
Very clean Harmon Kardon AVP1 preamp/processor which incorporates the Digital Servo Logic system designed by Jim Fosgate. (Same as Fosgate 3) Original retail price was $2800.00.
This unit uses a 100% analog signal path and performs all matrix surround mixing on the analog side so it can be applied to DSS, VCR,PVR, or TV broadcasts. This unit is THX certified and has 6 AV inputs with composite video. 2 AV inputs with S-Video. 10 acoustic modes including 70mm, Rock and Mono-Movie enhancement mode.
Excellent condition and sounds fantastic. Separately selectable record loop can be used for a second zone. Has preamp outputs for both rear and side surround speakers.(7.1) Has preamp outputs for either stereo or mono front subwoofers plus rear single sub. Fluorescent Digital Display. Selectable Re-Eq. Center Channel Boost, and sibilance filters. It has individual level controls for each channel. Detachable power cord and Remote control. I am the original owner of this unit. This is not a refurbished or B stock unit.
$250.00 or would consider trade for receiver w/pre-amp outs

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
Price lowered...
$220.00, includes shipping.
Phil
* or would possibly trade for receiver w/ 5.1 ins.

Gregory H

Auditioning
More of a query than anything. I am a bit new to this.
Where, if you could please explain in laymans terms do
you get 7.1 ?
Many thx

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
7.1 due to the possibility of running (7) separate speakers plus the sub (.1).
1. Front Left
2. Center
3. Front Right
4. Left side
5. Left rear
6. Right Rear
7. Right side
(.1) = sub
The unit actually has the ability to run (3) subs.
Front sub right
Front sub left
Rear sub
or, front mono sub which I use with my Servo 15.
Let me know if you have any other questions, as some others have inquired about, the unit DOES have the "bass EQ" feature which allows you to adjust/boost the bass response at the point where your front mains rolls off (40-70) or to add a "boost" to your mains in the freq. range if you do not have a sub, but want added bass for movies.
PHIL

Users who are viewing this thread