What's new

HK AV225 vs AV125 (1 Viewer)

RichST

Grip
Hello all, first post here :)

I was set on buying a HTiB until yesterday when I read several posts. Now I'm thinking about what has been reccommended several times in a couple posts for a pieced system:

HK AV125 (refurb) @ eCOST.com for $180
JBL NSP1 @ buy.com for $180
Dayton 10" sub for $99 @ partsexpress

Anyway, they've got the HK 225 (refurb) at ecost for $45 more. Is it worth the extra $45?

Thanks

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the forum! I have the AVR-225 and I paid about $40 more for it and IMHO, its worth it. You get 10 extra watts per channel, on screen display, an extra A/V input (which I needed) and the EZ-Set feature (which I didn't use). If you do decide to grab one of the HKs, get it at Link Removed They are an authorized Harman Kardon online retailer and are charging $179 for the AVR-125 and $229 for the AVR-225. These recievers come with 2 year warranties. Ecost isn't an authorized online retailer so the warranty might not be honored. Either of these recievers are a great value for the money. The other recievers in the price range, NIB or refurb, can't compete w/Harman Kardon.

Mark_H

Stunt Coordinator
RichST:

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and was leaning towards the Onkyo 760 HTIB. After reading alot on this forum I knew I could do better.

I ordered your list below except I got the HK AVR225 refurb. for $40 more I would go for it as you'll get a bit of extra power, on screen and EZ Setup for getting the audio setup right.

I did bring home an AVR125 from CC to demo however and don't let the rating fool you, it will have plenty of power to drive the JBL NSP1II setup if you decide to save the $40.

I got my AVR225 from Soundcity.com for $240 and the JBL NSP1II setup from BHPhotovideo.com for $200, both included shipping. Also both of these are authorized dealers so no warranty problems and have great service as well.

I think your going to be very happy with this system, for the money I spent I can't imagine a better sounding system.

Now if I could just find what I'm looking for in a reasonably priced DVD player.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I got the AVR-225 at Soundcity as well. Unfortunately, they are all out. They only carry the AVR-125 ($199 shipped) now. When I got my reciever, soundcity's customer service told me that there were only two left (none now) and they didn't think they were going to get anymore back in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks