What's new

HK Authorized online dealers (1 Viewer)

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
The HK web site lists those on line dealers that are authorized to sell Harmon Kardon products. I noticed that an on line dealer I have purchased electronics from (but never HK) is not listed. Their price for a particular model is much less than the authorized on line dealers.

Any comments regarding your experiences in purchasing HK products from authorized and non-authorized on line dealers would be appreciated.

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I have my HK225 up and running (from ecost) and it's wonderful-not one problem.

Ecost says they are an authorized dealer but HK doesn't recoginze them as such sooooooo, I took a chance anyways.

rogo

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Try calling HK at 516.255.4545. Some of the authorized etailers are not on the list such as 6ave.com. Unless it's Costco who takes back anything at any time, I wouldn't use an non authorized dealer. You may be refused service.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
Ecost offers one year warranty on parts and labour on it's H/K.
Someone else said he took his H/K to an authorized service center and all they asked for was a bill of sale. There was nothing more about where he bought it from.
I bought my H/K from etronics and they're "not authorized." The last time I checked Etronics, were selling forty products manufactured by H/K. That's too big an e-tailer for H/K to ignore.
I imagine when push comes to shove H/K will fix it.
This whole "authorized dealer" thing sounds like a kickback manoeuver designed to get more money from consumers.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like goodguys.com is now a H/K authorized online retailer. I guess after they dropped Denon from their website they decided to carry this brand instead.

perrin
http://www.goodguys.com[/url]

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Perrin, your link doesn't work. But I think the reason Good Guys now sells HK is because they are owned by CompUSA which also carries the HK line.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
Just buy from vanns.com

They will match any online price (including shipping and tax if applicable).

Shiu

Second Unit
How lucky you are in the U.S. I am not aware of one single oneline HK dealer in Ontario. Here we have to pay C$2600 (US$2000) for an AVR7200. The sad thing is, HK will not honor warranty work to Canadians who buy their unit from U.S. dealers. That's the only reason why I have not replaced my Sony DA4ES yet.

Shiu

Second Unit
Rich, I checked that out, in their clearance section they are asking C$1250 (approx US$960) for a AVR525 displayed unit. That's still too much compared to SoundCity, J&R etc. Besides, I don't think the 525's build quality is as good as my DA4ES. I may end up taking my chance on the warranty issue, and eventually order the AVR7200 from someone like SoundCity. Thanks anyway.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
if you order it, check out onecall.com...

also, you should give them audioshop a call, just to see if they will deal..you never know...they might not, but its a 2 minute call if they dont.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks