HK Authorized online dealers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Thomas Willard, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Thomas Willard

Thomas Willard Stunt Coordinator

The HK web site lists those on line dealers that are authorized to sell Harmon Kardon products. I noticed that an on line dealer I have purchased electronics from (but never HK) is not listed. Their price for a particular model is much less than the authorized on line dealers.

Any comments regarding your experiences in purchasing HK products from authorized and non-authorized on line dealers would be appreciated.

2. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Stunt Coordinator

I have my HK225 up and running (from ecost) and it's wonderful-not one problem.

Ecost says they are an authorized dealer but HK doesn't recoginze them as such sooooooo, I took a chance anyways.

rogo

3. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Try calling HK at 516.255.4545. Some of the authorized etailers are not on the list such as 6ave.com. Unless it's Costco who takes back anything at any time, I wouldn't use an non authorized dealer. You may be refused service.

4. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

Ecost offers one year warranty on parts and labour on it's H/K.
    Someone else said he took his H/K to an authorized service center and all they asked for was a bill of sale. There was nothing more about where he bought it from.
    I bought my H/K from etronics and they're "not authorized." The last time I checked Etronics, were selling forty products manufactured by H/K. That's too big an e-tailer for H/K to ignore.
    I imagine when push comes to shove H/K will fix it.
    This whole "authorized dealer" thing sounds like a kickback manoeuver designed to get more money from consumers.

5. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

onecall.com is definitely an authorized dealer

Rich

6. Ozzie_Sheikh

Ozzie_Sheikh Auditioning

soundcity.com is also authorized. that is where I purchased my avr430.

7. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

Looks like goodguys.com is now a H/K authorized online retailer. I guess after they dropped Denon from their website they decided to carry this brand instead.

perrin
    http://www.goodguys.com

8. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Perrin, your link doesn't work. But I think the reason Good Guys now sells HK is because they are owned by CompUSA which also carries the HK line.

9. JamesGL

JamesGL Stunt Coordinator

Just buy from vanns.com

They will match any online price (including shipping and tax if applicable).

10. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

How lucky you are in the U.S. I am not aware of one single oneline HK dealer in Ontario. Here we have to pay C$2600 (US$2000) for an AVR7200. The sad thing is, HK will not honor warranty work to Canadians who buy their unit from U.S. dealers. That's the only reason why I have not replaced my Sony DA4ES yet.

11. Rich Wenzel

wow, that sucks...you can get a brand new 7200 for under $1000 here...

Rich

12. Rich Wenzel

13. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

Rich, I checked that out, in their clearance section they are asking C$1250 (approx US$960) for a AVR525 displayed unit. That's still too much compared to SoundCity, J&R etc. Besides, I don't think the 525's build quality is as good as my DA4ES. I may end up taking my chance on the warranty issue, and eventually order the AVR7200 from someone like SoundCity. Thanks anyway.

14. Rich Wenzel

if you order it, check out onecall.com...

also, you should give them audioshop a call, just to see if they will deal..you never know...they might not, but its a 2 minute call if they dont.

Rich