What's new

HK and Marantz receivers have no phono input ??? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Looking to buy a new receiver and reading the threads on this and other sites I found that HK and Marantz have good reviews .
Going to the webpages to get more info I was dissapointed to find out that neither of them have phono input jacks, no even on the top of the line models.:frowning:
Did I miss something or did these companies realy
give up on phono ???
Excuse my english
Robert
:confused:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fewer people are vynil heads these days. I haven't broken out my vynil in a loooong time. :frowning: No phono on my 6200 anyway.
Should be no problem to locate a phono preamp though, which will allow you to run the TT through any analog input.

Ian_A

Agent
If you are looking at getting an receiver with Phono In the Denons have them build in. With the only exception being the base unit 1602 that I am aware of. I have the 1802 and I feel it is a great receiver, it all comes down to personal choice.

Tony AP

Auditioning
It looks like they've left the phono inputs to the stereo receivers...I guess they figure those still clutching to vinyl aren't in the market for home theater, they'll be satisfied with 2 channel sound. The Marantz SR4120 and the HK3470 each have phono inputs. I don't know if that's what you're in the market for, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeallen27