HK 7200 Size Q???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Allan, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

For anyone who owns the 7200 -- I am considering buying one, but the shelf it has to go on is only 16.5 inches deep. (I saw that the 7200 is around 20.5 inches deep.) How spaced apart are the feet? If all four feet will fit comfortably on my shelf, then I don;t mind having the rcvr hang 2 inches off the front and 2 inches off the back. Also, how far are the feet from the front, back and sides?

THANKS!
    Allan

2. Bernie_A

Bernie_A Stunt Coordinator

The front foot sets back about 1" and they are just about 13-1/2" apart front to back with the feet being just about 2" in diameter. The rest of the unit overhangs to the back.....looks like they thought about that when designing the unit so that it would still sit flush in the front while projecting outwards towards the rear.

I just bought the AVR-7200 for under $800 and at that price, it's a steal.

3. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Bernie-

I am looking at the same deal for the 7200. Thanks for the reply.... But, could you pleas elaborate a bit more re: the feet placement -- (1) the 13.5" distance from front to back: is that the distance from the back of the front foot to the front of the back foot? (2) More importantly, how far is the distance from the back of the back foot to the back of the unit? (3) similarly, how far is the distance from the front of the back foot to the front of the unit?

THANKS!!! I don't mean to be annoying, but I really need to know if this unit will fit, before buying. By the way, how big (deep) is the unit that you placed the 7200 in? How much does it overhang in the back?

thanks again!
    Allan

4. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

anyone??? someone must have this receiver and a tape measure....